Welcome to the adventure of my life!

Thanks for following my blog! It will be updated every Tuesday, I hope you enjoy what you see and please comment! I also love constructive critisicm so if there is something you would like to see, let me know!
happy blogging!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Future aka October!

So I spent all day training today! I think the hardest part about training is getting up to do it! I HATE waking up early. (this is making me laugh because it sounds like I'm saying exercise training, no way! I mean hair training!)
Wondering what I'm "training" for? well it's Called World Skills. It will be held in London, This coming October.
I get to do 8 different mannequins all from scratch. that means cut, color, styling, polishing. thats also known as a lot of hard work! I try to practice for sure 1 mannequin a day, if not 2.

At World Skills i compete against 40 different countries. All of there best of the best. Talk about nerve racking!

There is a lot more to competition than people think. One little hair out of place, on little divet, and you just got knocked down 10 points! you HAVE to practice every day to do your best.

The good news about my life is that I have already competed in HairWorld which is the biggest hair competition there is, and World Skills is the hardest competition there is. So it's nice that there is a little background there in the world arena.

this is what I do. I practice practice. Well that's what I did today.

Want to know the best part of my day? I got called a Hair Ninja. haha thank you random civilian.

Even though the practicing is tough, peoples faces dropping when they see your art that you've just created, yeah that makes it worth it!





1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and so totally excited for you! You will do AMAZING! I know that my jaw always drops when I see the masterpieces that you have created - you're amazing, Laina dear! Go make the world's jaw drop! I feel so honored to know someone so incredibly talented! :)

    ReplyDelete